Skip to main content

An Overflow of the Heart

Luke 6:45
For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks

There is much change in my life right now and I feel I have an overflow of words stored up in me. I am not much of a talker and my attempts at keeping a journal have not been successful. So, a blog is born, as I am sure many have been before it. Just a desire to get out what I am not sure I can express to the people around me.

I will start by saying that I love God. Truly and deeply. My life has been filled with very steep hills and very deep valleys. But I overcome. My life is one with many many blessings. I began a walk with God 11 years ago. I owe much of my life to an amazing church. A church that I have decided to leave.

It isn't easy to make that decision and I didn't do it lightly. It has been difficult for the people around me. I have even heard the word devastating. I was deeply involved. Involved to the point that I had a hard time separating God and the church.

Suddenly it hit me. God wants me to be at peace. I had not known peace in my heart for a long time. But I can't say why I haven't had peace. So, I go in search of it. In 3 months my world has changed. My beliefs have changed. Things that I have studied, researched, and explored to no end suddenly are called into question. And my belief and faith in God feels stronger than ever because of it.

Galatians 5:22
But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

I go in search of the faith to dream. I want to dream big. I know the things God is capable of is bigger than anything I can think up. I search for the faith to dream the dreams that are in God's plans, not just my own.

I never want to look back at my life and realize that I should have made changes a long time ago. I only have one chance at this life. I want to take it by the reigns and be inspired.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trouble Will Come a Knockin'

This ain't heaven y'all. We live in a fallen world and sometimes it is hard. Really hard. Don't worry, I'm not talking to you right now. I am talking to myself. Because sometimes I fool myself into thinking that this should be easy. This trying to do the right thing, be a good person, and have grace and forgiveness for others stuff. This overcoming stuff. This getting through times full of hardship or grief stuff. Because we have all said it one time or another haven't we? "Why do bad things happen to good people?" "Why did God let this happen?" John 16:33 In this world you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world. Jesus let's us know ahead of time that it is going to be difficult. But He will be there to pick up the pieces. Do I blame God or draw closer to God in hard times? Because He wants me to draw closer to Him. Wouldn't I want to run into my dad's arms when things are really bad? Yes! I wouldn...

Do I Have Enough Faith in God to Have Faith In Myself?

Not too long ago I did a study on faith. One thing that surprised me is that the bible talks more about God's faith in us than our need to have faith in Him. There are those places of course. The israelites often lacked faith and Jesus wanted His disciples to have more of it too. But when I read scriptures with the word faith I heard about how God has faith in me. This weekend at church the pastor talked about how God took the time to make us so He must have a great plan for us. Then I was reading The Good Wife's Guide and found that God doesn't call the skilled but He equips the called. At first both of those things sound warm and fuzzy. But I realized there is a challenge in there when I really digested it. I need to have the faith to believe in God's faith in me. He might want big things for me. Bigger things than I can even imagine. I need the courage to step out and take the God opportunites that come my way. It doesn't matter what I think. Moses didn't...

An Introvert's Struggle with Loneliness

My entire life has been plagued by a difficult dilemma. I am an introvert who struggles to be alone. I get easily overwhelmed with a crowd and struggle to get along in groups. I have a hard time reaching out to people. I don't get attached easily to others. On the other hand, I don't really like to be alone. I love to be around people. I feel lonely easily. Sometimes I can be surrounded by people and feel lonely. Hebrews 3:13 But encourage one another daily, as long is it is called "Today," so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. Sometimes when I am around people I don't feel encouraged by them. I read the scripture above and know that it is true. I am constantly fighting against a hardened heart. My heart was hardened at a young age. Opening myself up, being vulnerable, loving others. That is so incredibly hard for me. But if I can't figure it out I am not going to know the joy that God has in store for me. John 13:34 ...